Video Marketing is something that every business owner, beginner or advanced, should be implementing into their business. Videos can be a great tool to generate leads, educate, or increase sales. Video marketing is an amazingly fun, profitable, effective tool in building great relationships with your clients.
Marketing is how you connect with people.
Even if you think you wouldn't look great on video, give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised! You do not have to be a speaker, actor, or a seasoned video producer to make videos work for your business. In fact, think about some of the videos you have seen on Facebook. It's not the slick, super professional videos that get passed around, right? You can share client testimonials, interviews, and information with videos. Videos add a personal component to your online marketing and will help you build rapport more quickly with your audience.
Perfection is not needed. Here are a few tips for creating great marketing videos…
- Pre-plan. What are your clients' needs? What are they looking for? Always, create videos that provide solutions to their problems. Be sure to stick with one clear message!
- SMILE. This sounds obvious but you'd be amazed at how many videos you can find online from business owners who look cranky, sad, confused or worse yet, very insecure!
- Maintain Great Eye Contact with the camera and speak directly to your audience. For the most flattering camera angle, position your camera slightly above you.
- Have Good Lighting. Lighting can make you or break you. Make sure that you have plenty of natural light or bring in an additional lamp, so you have light shining on your face. You want your videos to be bright.
- Keep Your Videos Brief. Most viewers don't want to watch a 30 minute video, nor do they have the time to do so. Unless it's something they've invested their time and money to view, any free videos you use for marketing should be between 2-6 minutes long.
- Always end with a Call to Action. Your video should always end with you directing the viewer to their next step. Include a phone number, email, website, and "next step" instructions.