Today more and more small business owners are looking to incorporate social media into their company marketing strategy. And with little to no expense, social media has the potential to be an excellent marketing tool. Unfortunately however, a majority of businesses struggle when it comes to producing real social media results.
To connect with new customers online, your social media efforts need to possess a few key characteristics. Here are 9 important characteristics of a GREAT social media marketing campaign that ALL businesses should know and try to follow.
- Great social media marketing starts with very SPECIFIC GOALs and OBJECTIVES.
- Great social media marketing is STRATEGIC and CONSISTENT, not random, chaotic, or pushy with sales.
- Great social media marketing SPEAKS DIRECTLY to your ideal client.
- Great social media marketing POSITIONS you as the obvious expert so prospects seek you out, trust your advice and PAY A PREMIUM for your expertise.
- Great social media marketing CONTAINS CONTENT that supports your strategy.
- Great social media marketing EDUCATES, pre-sells, and pre-qualifies the prospect BEFORE you spend any time with them.
- Great social media marketing is ENGAGING and FRIENDLY.
- Great social media marketing is an EXTENSION of your CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- Great social media marketing is MEASURED and ADJUSTED for better results.
So take a honest look at your social media efforts and see how you compare. What characteristics do you need to focus on improving? Make a few changes and you will be much happier with your results.
To your success,