Do you have a company website that allows you to easily update content? If not, has your lack of technical knowledge or funds held you back? Finally, there is a way for small business owners to create and manage their own website for virtually free. The answer is Wordpress.
What is WordPress? WordPress is a blogging platform that allows you to share information with your ideal clients in a conversational way. Millions of people are using WordPress to power their sites because it has transformed to a full content management system that is only limited in functionality by your imagination. Even Fortune 500 companies such as People Magazine, Coca-Cola, and Best Buy are using WordPress to power their sites.
Why WordPress? You can easily design and manage your own website… virtually for FREE. You don’t have to be a web designer, understand code, or invest thousands of dollars hiring someone to design your site. Today, you can set up a WordPress site and have your company site up and running in just an hour.
With WordPress, connecting with clients has never been easier. Here are a few reasons to set up a site using WordPress…
- WordPress is FREE (I would suggest paying $5-8 a month to have a hosted version through BlueHost.com or similar company. You want to own your content.)
- You can do it yourself. If you can edit a Microsoft Word document then you can write and publish using WordPress.
- Easy to design. There are literally thousands of FREE themes available that help you change the look, color, design of your site.
- Easy to customize. If there is a feature you want, then there is probably a free or inexpensive plugin available to make that happen.
- Integrates with Social Media. You can easily link your Facebook or Twitter account to your WordPress site. You can also use plugins to allow your readers to easily share your content to their own social networks.
- Increase your Search Engine Optimization. SEO determines how easily your page can be found on search engines such as Google. Because Google loves WordPress move your site up in the rankings faster!
Is WordPress powering your business site? Connect with me on Facebook and let me know your thoughts!